On May 26, 2008, President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo signed Proclamation No. 1518
setting aside certain parcels of land in Indahag, Cagayan de Oro City and proclaiming the same as the
new site of the Court of Appeals, Mindanao Station.
The future seat of the CA-Mindanao consists of sprawling six hectares of land
identified as Lot 1. It sits on a mini plateau and has a 15-meter wide access road, about one-eighth of
a kilometer from the highway.
This is a welcome development for the CA-Mindanao’s long search for a permanent
home since 2005. Thanks to the unstinting institutional support of the CENRO, PENRO, City Engineering
Office, Regional Offices of the DENR, DAR, DPWH and the City Council of Cagayan de Oro, which made
the acquisition of the new court site possible.